Clawson’s 1905 Restaurant
The original Clawson's grocery store was owned by Charles and Mary Clawson who were immigrants from Sweden and Ireland, respectively. The original 1905 Clawson’s grocery store sold canned goods, fresh produce from local farmers and fresh baked goods from "The Bakery" out back. In 1985 Fred and Joyce McCune purchased Clawson’s and the neighboring buildings. In 1989 Joey McClure, of Harkers Island, became a partner and general manager of the restaurant. The restaurant’s décor is local and they try to be as concerned with buying locally as their predecessors.
Phone: 252 728-2133